Hostel in Rasht
Lotka Ecolodge is located in a serene place, among the nature of the Hyrcanian Caspian Sea, which makes it a unique ecolodge to stay in Rasht, Gilan. Hyrcanian forests are the most ancient of all forests survived the ice age due to Caspian Sea’s humidity. Going to Lotka, will give you the opportunity to get acquainted with the Gilaki culture; you can experience a rowboat trip from the private pier at the back of the ecolodge, shop local handicrafts made by rural women as souvenirs, and indulge in local cuisine (mostly cooked with organic ingredients). Sarkhoski, where Lotka is located, is a very green and quite village to spend time in with a lot to discover.
Lotka is surrounded by villages that provide the chance to take part in the daily activities and ceremonies of the village at certain times, hiking through variety of terrains such as steep mountains, forests, and lagoons to embrace the nature of the Hyrcanian Caspian Sea.
Lotka Ecolodge is an authentic rural residence. Previously, the only structure in this complex was the traditional Isa Khan house. This house has two stories, which are rented separately to tourists. There are early morning free walking tours around the village and so many other activities to spend time in order to get to know the culture and the nature in an unforgettable experience.
- A great place to get to know the Hyrcani Nature.
- A beautiful old house with a marvelous background history of how it was built.
- The delightful experience of Gilaki food, only if you can make up your mind to choose among more than 70 different Gilaki dishes! If you put an order through beforehand, your organic meal will be prepared upon your arrival.
- A well-educated friendly team to learn all about the province from.
- Perfect view of the green nature around the ecolodge.
- A perfect location for hiking and peace making.
- Nearest beach from the ecolodge is only 4 km away (10 minutes by car and 30 minutes on foot).